Registered Social Worker

Based in Ellerslie, Auckland Full-time

He kaupapa hirahira tēnei mo tētahi tangata ngākau nui nei ki te hiki I te mana o te tangata, ā I te hapai I te ora o te tangata.  Mā te kanohi o te Ao Māori tēnei kaupapa e arahi ki tōna putanga whaihua.

He kōrero mō mātou | About Us

Kāhui Tū Kaha is a community mental health and social housing organisation under the auspices of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Whātua. It is a well-established and innovative provider and characterised by its diversity and commitment to health and social outcomes for everyone. We strive to uphold our organisational values of manaakitanga, rangatiratanga, and whakawhanaungatanga in all that we do. As a successful applicant, you will enjoy working within an open, culturally diverse organisation with many opportunities for further growth and development.

He kōrero mō te tūranga | The Role

We have roles available for Registered Social Workers within both our mental health support and our social housing functions. Whichever service you work within, this role will see you planning and delivering comprehensive assessments, intervention plans and activities to clients. You will engage and work closely with people using the principles of client recovery and utilising community resources. You will support and empower our tangata with skills and knowledge that will enhance their rangatiratanga and enable them to achieve their long-term goals. You will be the key liaison point for clinical services, and will provide support to the manager of your service.

What you will need to have:

  • Relevant Social Work degree, registration and current practising certificate with SWRB NZ
  • Previous knowledge of mental health sector and/or social housing is preferred but not essential
  • Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage challenging behaviours
  • Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations
  • Commitment and ability to apply the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi
  • All applicants must have New Zealand residency or citizenship, and a clean police record.

Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply

To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to . For more information please visit or contact Shirlene on 027 700 6936.