He kaupapa hirahira tēnei mo tētahi tangata ngākau nui nei ki te hiki I te mana o te tangata, ā I te hapai I te ora o te tangata. Mā te kanohi o te Ao Māori tēnei kaupapa e arahi ki tōna putanga whaihua.
“It’s a cliché but every day we are changing lives and that is definitely the best part of being a Tenancy Manager. It’s so rewarding to see our tangata achieving their goals and sustaining a healthy tenancy.”
-One of our Tenancy Managers
He kōrero mō te tūranga | The Role
You will never get bored as a Tenancy Manager at Kāhui Tū Kaha. One of our Tenancy Manger reports “no two days are the same, we’re always out tending to different jobs and learning new things every day.” A typical day might involve house inspections, sign-ups, responding to emails, liaising with agents, and attending to tenancy-related queries. This is your chance to utilise your professional expertise to make a difference. You will contribute towards empowering tenants with skills and knowledge that will improve their chances of maintaining tenancies long term.
He kōrero mōu | About You
You are an empathetic, innovative thinker, with a good understanding of culturally appropriate delivery of social services. You have strong professional and personal ethics and demonstrated working experience in managing a portfolio of tenancies in the public or private sector.
What you will need to have:
- Level 4 Certificate with REINZ (or willing to complete this)
- Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 as well as Acts & Regulations relevant to Property Management
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience working in property management or relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds, including proven ability to manage relationships with clients facing challenges such as homelessness and mental health issues
- Have an understanding of the current issues facing people experiencing homelessness, including co-existing problems and or mental illness
- Commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi and understanding of tikanga Māori
He kōrero mō mātou | About Us
Kāhui Tū Kaha is a community mental health and registered social housing provider under the auspices of Te Rūnanga ō Ngāti Whātua. We are a well-established and innovative provider and characterised by our diversity and commitment to health and social outcomes for everyone. We strive to uphold our organisational values of manaakitanga, rangatiratanga, and whakawhanaungatanga in all that we do. As a successful applicant, you will enjoy working within an open, culturally diverse organisation with many opportunities for further growth and development.
All applicants must have New Zealand Residency, a full and clean driver’s licence, and a clean police record.
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
Apply through our website or send your CV and cover letter to . For more information call Shirlene on 027 700 6936.